Get ready to have your new favorite soup recipe go-to! This recipe is nourishing, grounding, and the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. This recipe is also dairy, gluten, and soy free for those of you who are staying clear of these ingredients.
2 Tbsp ghee
3 cloves garlic
1 Red onion
1lb Italian sausage
8 C Bone broth
3lb Red potatoes
6 C Kale (chopped)
13.5oz canned full-fat coconut milk*
1 tsp each: red pepper, thyme, oregano, & basil
salt and & pepper to taste
1. Sauté ghee, onion, and garlic on medium heat for 3 minutes
2. Add sausage and cook until browned (about 7 minutes)
3. Add all seasoning and cook another 3 minutes
4. Add bone broth & potatoes
5. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add kale and coconut milk and cook another 5 minutes or until you are able to easily cut through the potatoes
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
Soup is good for up to one week stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
* add another 1/2 can of coconut milk to make the soup extra creamy!
**Recipe inspired by @farmsteadchic!