Cozy Hot Cocoa (for happy hormones!)
12 oz oat milk
1 serving collagen
1/2 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
Dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
Optional: if you’re a major chocolate fan, add 1/4 C DF chocolate chips! (I like mine more creamy, so I leave it out)
-Simmer everything on the stovetop until warm.
- Avoid bringing to a boil, as it will burn!
DF Whipped Cream
“Cream” part of the can of full fat coconut milk
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
* for extra sweetness, add a dash of powdered sugar
- Mix ingredients until all clumps are gone and enjoy!
Why is this my cozy winter go-to?!
You know how much I love collagen! Check out everything you need to know about collagen on episode 04 of my podcast, Intentionally Whole.
Not only is this loaded with all the benefits of collagen, but it also encourages happy blood sugars & hormones with a great balance of protein, healthy fats, and carbs.
AND Cocoa has a ton of great health benefits including
- rich source of polyphenols, reducing inflammation, increasing blood flow, and encouraging balanced blood sugar levels
- great source of magnesium, supporting muscle & nerve function, may help manage symptoms of anxiety, and may help manage PMS symptoms
- it’s DELICIOUS 🤎
Give this recipe a try, and let us know what you think!